Our aim is to equip children and young people with knowledge and skills so that they can go beyond understanding the nature of their difficulties to focus on their future development.
We can assess for:
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Examination Access Arrangements
After the consultation and assessment, a detailed report is produced. This will explain to parents and teachers the psychological issues that are important to the child or young person, such as:
- how they can develop a growth mindset that enables them to do well, despite having difficulties
- how to not focus on intelligence alone, as this can do more harm than good
- how you can encourage them to believe in themselves to achieve their goals
- how to help them deal with examinations
The report will also include valuable strategies that can support teachers and specialist teachers in helping children at school.
The Wellbeing Practice also provides assessments for students who are seeking access to theDisabled Student Allowance.
Reasons for choosing The Wellbeing Practice for your child's assessment
- a reputation within schools throughout Sussex, Kent and Surrey for high levels of insight and professionalism
- a wide network of parents who recommend to friends based on the quality of work
- the latest WIAT-II, WAIS-IV and WISC-IV assessment tests (WIAT-III and WISC-V from October - November 2017 as soon as new scoring systems are available in the UK for both).
- enlightening additional assessments, looking at, for example, resilience, self-concept and well-being
- comprehensive study suggestions for you and school to use in working with your child
- helpful strategies to take your child's learning forwards based on their identified strengths
- continuing focus on research into helping children, young people and adults learn and grow
For further information and to book an appointment, please contact The Wellbeing Practice on01273 803013 or firstname.lastname@example.org