Learning Difficulties Assessments
Our aim is to equip children and young people with knowledge and skills so that they can go beyond understanding the nature of their difficulties to focus on their future development.
We can assess for:
- Dyspraxia (fine motor skills)
- Giftedness including the use of questionnaires.
- Emotional wellbeing (anxiety, self-concept, lack of confidence, fear of failure)
- Examination Access Arrangements
- Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) for students in post 16 education.
After the consultation and assessment, a detailed report is produced. This will explain to parents and teachers the psychological issues that are important to the child, young person, adult such as:
- how they can develop a growth mindset that enables them to do well, despite having difficulties
- how to not focus on intelligence alone, as this can do more harm than good
- how you can encourage them to believe in themselves to achieve their goals
- how to help them deal with examinations
The report will also include valuable strategies that can support teachers and specialist teachers in helping children at school.
The Wellbeing Practice also provides assessments for students who are seeking access to the Disabled Student Allowance.If you are a student embarking on your course in further education, our focused DSA assessment and report can provide you (if you are eligible) with the necessary evidence to apply for the Disabled Student Allowance. This could open the door to providing you with additional learning support as well as funding for special equipment.
If you are an adult in employment or seeking work, we can assess you, taking full account of your employment history and specific circumstances, for learning difficulties. The report and analysis can provide you (if you are eligible) with clear substantive evidence for the support you may need from your employer to help you in your job.
The assessment report will explain where your difficulties and strengths are, and through better understanding of yourself, show how you can mould your future more effectively. Recommendations will give suggestions for support material, including books and web references, computer-based packages and assistive technology.
Reasons for choosing The Wellbeing Practice for your child’s assessment
- a reputation within schools throughout Sussex, Kent and Surrey for high levels of insight and professionalism
- a wide network of parents who recommend to friends based on the quality of work
- the latest WIAT-III, WAIS-IV and WISC-V assessment tests available in the UK.
- enlightening additional assessments, looking at, for example, resilience, self-concept and well-being
- comprehensive study suggestions for you and school to use in working with your child
- helpful strategies to take your child’s learning forwards based on their identified strengths
- continuing focus on research into helping children, young people and adults learn and grow
For further information and to book an appointment, please contact The Wellbeing Practice on 01273 803013 or firstname.lastname@example.org